My name's Marcus Santiago and I've been a professional illustrator, artist and comic book artist for nearly two decades in five countries.
I am a proud graduate of The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Inc., in Dover, NJ, class of 2000.
While I specialize in sequential art (comic books / graphic novels / storyboards), I also work in pen & ink, charcoals, watercolor, acrylics, oils, sculpture, installation art and multimedia as well; I also experiment a lot in Photoshop and fusing / blurring the line between traditional and digital art. I have also dabbled in sculpture, installation art, murals, basic web design, and have taught classes on advanced sequential art techniques as an instructor.
Some of my assignments have included:
- Illustrations designed to aid overcoming language barriers faced by peacekeeping forces working to educate soldiers on the Geneva Convention while in conflict zones, for The International Red Cross
- Artwork for World Vision Canada
- Mural art for the set of a television show for NDTV
- Teaching a class on intermediate to advanced comics storytelling techniques for COMIX35
- Storyboards for an upcoming arthouse horror film for Reel Illusion Films
- Logo designs / T-shirt art for Royal Mavericks motorcycle club
- Spot illustrations for The Elizabeth School for Girls in Dover, NJ
- Sequential comic book artwork for Chasing The Bullet (documentary film)
- And various art on commission from spot illustration and design work to portraits and fine art.
My own personal projects include several original and independently self-created, self-written graphic novels.
If you'd like to get in touch with me, I can be reached via this handy form below, or directly at email@example.com.
Other places on the interwebs I can be found:
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my artwork!